I’ve been wracking my brain trying to come up with a good idea for a post and my negative nancy self keeps nagging at me.
Like that alliteration? Thank you, private university education.
I’ve been trying to figure out why I’ve been so down and it seems to come back to:
- The class I was SUPPOSED to graduate with is now graduating and coming to LA for their showcase; making me really anxious
- I hate my wardrobe
- I’m sick of riding my bike everywhere
- I feel incredibly unsexy and unattractive
- I’m tired all the time
The good news is, now that I’m accepting what’s wrong, these are things I can deal with fairly easily.
- I get to see my class at showcase, and while I wish I could be participating with them, I am so excited to give them my love and support
- I am buying a cute new dress for showcase and for a mystery weekend the boy is surprising me with
- The bike thing can’t REALLY be fixed…. I guess I could ride the bus more… but at least I have a way to get around
- I can spend more time on myself instead of just throwing on gym clothes all the time
- More sleep, more sea salt, better food… this is a pretty easy one
Additionally, I have plenty of things to be excited about:
- The boy has a mystery weekend planned next week! CRAZY exciting
- Starting to train for my half marathon; putting in a long run tomorrow 🙂
- I saw Avengers last night and it was BOMB
- We’re going to Vegas in two weeks for the documentary; AND we just passed $15,000 raised!
- I get to see some of my best friends soon
- I finished reading Paleoista and am playing with the idea of making the transition
- I saw my first live taping on Monday and it was for The Voice finale (my favorites didn’t win, but at least Christina lost)
- IT’S FRIDAY
Put in extra hours this week to make up for leaving early Monday for the taping… will be doing the same thing next week so I can take the day off Friday. It certainly makes for a long week!
Plans for the weekend: boy’s softball game, organic produce pick up, farmer’s market, long run, dress shopping, relaxing.
I made a bucket list of sorts about a week ago when I was feeling kind of aimless… It’s things I’d like to do over the next year, since my year-early departure from college did not go quite as planned…
Some things may seem trivial, but overall, I just want the rest of 2012 to be fulfilling and happy. That’s not too much to ask, right?
In no particular order…
- real golf
batting cages– we did this last week 🙂
- climb a mountain; a real one
- run a half – signed up for June 24th!
- perfect my cartwheel
- practice yoga at least once a week (failing at this already…)
- read 1 book/month
- get my personal training certification
- keep in touch with Mary (my mentee)
- keep in touch with Grace (one of my best college friends; I’ve been a TERRIBLE penpal)
- run on the beach
- take surfing lessons
- yoga on the beach
- watch the sunrise
- watch the sunset
- go on a picnic
- ride a horse
- get a tattoo
- watch fireworks
- play tennis
- play football
- go dancing
- take dance classes
- dress up for no reason
- practice guitar
- strawberry picking
- pumpkin picking
- make new friends
- reconnect with old friends
- go to at least 5 museums
- go to a baseball game
- go to a carnival
- go to a nature park
- visit an animal sanctuary
- bike on the beach
- leave SoCal for fun; not work
- finish the documentary
- get an agent
- book a commercial
- book a guest spot
- new headshots
- new wardrobe
- write a script
- officially recover
- hula hoop
- wear a size 2
- bench my weight
- do five perfect pull-ups
A long list… some lofty goals… but I have a year, and a lot can happen in a year. I definitely learned that one.
The best part is, I don’t feel extremely pressured to cross everything off. Things will happen. Some things won’t. Maybe new, unexpected things will pop up that turn out to be even better than what I’d hoped for.
Hey, it happened last year.
Do you have any goals you want to fulfill? Any fun weekend plans? Want to write a guest post? Please share your thoughts!