I love superheroes. A lot.
I can put part of the blame on my ex, but in reality I am a huge nerd and would love nothing more than to have a secret identity and fight crime.
In a cape. And a mask. Those things are key.
In order to fight crime, you gotta have great abs.
Kinda reminds me of that kid’s book “If You Give A Mouse A Cookie”….
“If You Want To Be A Superhero…”
The most coveted and highly sought after muscle tone on the body.
But damn do those crunches suck! They barely do anything, and make your neck feel shitty.
Never fear! Workout Wednesday is here! (have I gotten too nerdy for you yet?)
We’re concentrating mainly on the core today, but don’t worry, your glutes and thighs will get some love too (you know, to look great in spandex!)
Spiderman on Crack
Primary muscles: Erector Spinae (back), Rectus Abdominus (abs), Transverse Abdominus, Gluteus Medius/Minimus (Abductors), Adductors, Obliques
Secondary muscles: Trapezius (Traps), Rhomboids, Rotator Cuff, Deltoids (all three!), Pectorals (pecs), Serratus Anterior (those weird Superman muscles under the armpits), Gluteus Maximus (hello tush!), Quadriceps, Hamstrings, Gastrocnemius (calf)
- Begin in high plank – hold for 5 seconds
- While you bend the elbows and lower into a push up position, bend the right knee and raise the hip to form a right angle with the body and try to meet your knee to your elbow (Spiderman Push-Up) – hold for 10
- Push up through your arms, raising the left into the air to form a “T,” and swing the right leg under the left to push yourself into a sideplank with the right leg off the ground. Pulse the right inner thigh towards the ceiling – 10 seconds
- With control, lower your right leg to be in line with your left, lower your arm to the floor and shift back into high plank
- Repeat on left side for a total of 1 rep. Do 5.
Try to keep everything as fluid as possible. If you do it right, your abs should be engaged for 5 continuous 50 second reps. See how many sets you can do while still maintaining good form.
Push yourself; don’t wimp out just because it starts to get hard.
Does it suck? Sure. But it’s worth it.
Did you try my workout? Excited for the new Spiderman movie?