I’m not old enough to have actually witnessed Sally Field’s speech, but I’ve seen enough clips to know: we’ve ALL had those moments.
A smile from a cute guy. Someone asks for your number. “Your butt looks great in those.”
I got my moment yesterday from my foodie penpal Colleen over at The Chocolate Mile when she gave me the Liebster Award.
The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you might remember waaaay back in the first few months or so of my blogging that I got this, but since this time around I’m a MUCH different person, you’ll get to learn more about me from the rules:
- I hate fully drying off when I get out of the shower. I prefer to sit around wet and in a towel. It’s not kinky or hot. I wear a turbie twist. I just hate having to get dressed.
- I quit eating all meat for two months straight in the 7th grade after seeing a movie showing cows being attacked by vampire bats. Then I just quit red meat. I lost 40 lbs. Since I was 4’11” and 157lbs, I was pretty excited about that.
- In my first year of college I slowly became mostly vegetarian, and then vegan, then macrobiotic vegan, then junkfood vegan, to pescatarian, to flexitarian to… now?
- Despite growing up in New England, I’ve never skiied or snowboarded.
- I’m tongue tied. Like, legitimately. It’s not enough to warrant surgery, but I can’t stick my tongue out super far.
- I CAN however, make a three-leaf clover, tie a cherry stem and unwrap a Starburst.
- In high school I was colorguard captain, drama club president, and National Honors Society secretary. Just call me queen of the nerds.
- I started teaching a bootcamp to help me study more for personal training certification and I LOVE it.
- I’m terrified of bees.
- I know how to darn socks, knit and sew.
- It took me 20 minutes since I’ve gotten out of the shower to think of 10 good things; I still haven’t gotten dressed.
Questions from Colleen:
- What’s your favorite food? This is REALLY hard… I freaking LOVE food. I’ve been on an avocado kick lately. But I am also obsessed with pancakes and cookies&cream ice cream. Mostly pancakes.
- Do you exercise in classes or on your own? BOTH! I love yoga and bootcamp-style classes, but I also like just lifting heavy weights. Balance is key.
- What was one huge moment in your fitness/weight loss journey? There are so many different answers to this question… Weight loss is something I’ve struggled with almost my whole life, but I never really took health and fitness into account until I finally admitted to myself that I had an ED; even then, counseling in Miami only helped for a little while for BED and then I developed bulimia after moving to LA. I kept telling myself it was under control, even though it obviously wasn’t. I think the biggest turning point for me was being able to talk it through with the boy and knowing I had his support. It was really the first time I’d opened up to someone I care about and got a positive, reassuring response. I can’t say I immediately fixed the problem, but I’m starting to listen to my body and accept my emotions rather than try to fit everything into a neat little box.
- What’s your favorite tv show? This is tough… I’d have to say Mad Men or Once Upon A Time
- How much money can you justify spending on one pair of shoes? AMAZING heels? $60 AMAZING running sneakers? $85
- Would you rather go to the theater or a sporting event? Depends on the show and the sport, but I’d probably lean more towards theatre, but I’ve still never been to a professional football game so…. Football beats straight play beats baseball beats ballet beats hockey beats musical beats everything else.
- Morning or night? Night; although I’ve been enjoying my mornings lately…
- Favorite drink? red red wiiine
- Do you love your job? nope
- What’s your favorite piece of clothing? currently I hate ALL of my freaking clothes haha, but my lululemon shorts are pretty great.
- What’s the biggest emotional or physical hurdle you’ve jumped? Oh boy… probably breaking up with my fiance of five years. At the time, it was really hard for me to do, but I knew we needed to go our separate ways to grow as people. Immediately afterward, not only did I emotionally head in a downward spiral thanks to my bipolar going unchecked, physically I stopped caring about taking care of myself and really hit rock bottom… but looking back, it was absolutely necessary and I am so happy I was strong enough to make that decision. Especially given certain aspects of my life right now 🙂
- Weights or Cardio?
- What does your dream meal consist of?
- Biggest fear?
- What kind of underwear do you workout in?
- Favorite guilty pleasure? (food, TV, music; anything)
- Favorite workout?
- Relationship status?
- Favorite music to workout to?
- Favorite inspiring quote?
aaand, because these were such hard questions for me:
- What was one huge moment in your fitness/weight loss journey?
- What’s the biggest emotional or physical hurdle you’ve jumped?
Yes, I give Martha every blog award known to man; I don’t care. She’s inspiring. In fact, I was so inspired this morning, I’m posting half naked pictures! So blame her for these…
So note to self: buy some self-tanner before birthday trip…