Grass Fed Beef Burritos
- 1lb grass fed ground beef
- 2 TB olive oil
- Whole Foods organic Mexican seasoning (combo onion powder, ancho chili powder, cumin, paprika, mexican oregano)
- 1/4 c. water
- medium onion, sliced thin
- medium pepper (choose your favorite color; I went with green because it came in our CSA), sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno, seeded (optional), sliced thin
- handful cilantro, chopped
- TB garlic, minced
- sea salt/pepper (to taste)
- large romaine leaves
- optional garnish: avocado, salsa, cashew “sour cream”
In a big skillet, heat 1 TB olive oil until it shimmers.
In a smaller skillet, heat the other TB of olive oil until it shimmers as well.
So much shimmering!
Break your beef up into the big one.
In the smaller one, add garlic, sea salt, peppers and onion.
Once the beef is cooked, add the water and your Mexican seasoning. Let simmer until water is absorbed.
When your peppers are soft and your onions are translucent, add pepper and cilantro.
Grab two big leaves of romaine and stack them on top of one another, facing opposite ways (so it looks like an oval and not a teardrop).
Pile in your peppers/onions, meat and optional toppings, roll in ends and then the sides. Makes 4 servings.