Easy Chicken Curry
Note: I call this recipe easy because I pre-roasted a bunch of chicken and veggies for the week (which I highly recommend you do). If you don’t have this stuff already cooked, it’s still “easy,” but it will take longer to prepare.
- 1/2 lb cooked organic, boneless, skinless chicken breast, broken into small pieces
- 4 cups cooked veggies of choice (I used summer squash, zucchini, broccolini, celery and carrots; roasted in coconut oil at 350F for about 25 minutes)
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- dash nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt/pepper to taste
- optional garnish: spinach (or any green, really)
Whisk together the coconut milk, cilantro and spices.
In a small-ish saucepan, throw in your cooked meat and veggies.
Pour coconut mixture over the top and cover.
Let simmer on medium heat until everything is hot.
Serve over raw greens. Makes 2 servings.
This would probably also be good over some cauliflower rice or spaghetti squash…. just sayin’