Not only is it my 23rd BIRTHDAY! … it’s also FOODIE PENPALS REVEAL DAY!
My package this month came via blog reader Becky and she had a tall order to fill…
I told her I was doing Whole30 for the month (epic fail there Sam…) but that on my birthday weekend I would be eating pretty much whatever I wanted.
As per usual, I also request no nut butters or crackers (triggers).
I was sent a delightful box full of tasty treats!
I’ve been wanting Chinese 5 Spice forEVER as I have lots of recipes that call for it, but I usually just make it up. Can’t wait to make some sort of spicy lentil dish what the 5 spice, the chili paste (YUM) and some coconut milk.
The cranberries have been like
crack candy for me; I grab a small handful here and there. Keeping with the cranberry theme is that DELIGHTFUL tea, though I have to admit, I’m holding out until after labor day as cranberry-apple says fall to me, and I’m enjoying these last precious moments of summer. I haven’t broken into the tomatoes yet, but I love me some sundried tomatoes on my salad.
Want to get in on the fun?
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination.
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for September, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by September 4th as pairings will be emailed on September 5th!
*If you’re from somewhere besides the US, Canada or Europe and want to participate, send Lindsay an email and see if we get enough interest this month!